The Club shall be called the Delaware Bass Stalkers of
To improve our skills as bass anglers through a fellowship of friendly exchange of expert bass-catching techniques and ideas, and to promote and encourage youth and family fishing, and a love for this recreation. To support our state conservation department efforts and to report problems and concerns to the proper authorities.
1) The Club shall maintain at least 6 members and not exceed 12 members or 6 boats.
2) All new potenial members are welcome by invitation only and must fish one club tournament prior to being voted into the club.
3) All new members must be voted into the club by 75% of all members.
4) All members must be at least 18 years of age.
5) All members must be current with Club Dues of $85.00 per year. Payable prior to or at the Spring Club meeting. No payments will be accepted after the adjournment of the Spring meeting other then new members joining after the spring meeting and fishing one tournament with the club and being voted into the club.
6) Members should attend scheduled club meetings as your schedule permits.
7) Members should maintain a good attitude towards other members and respect their views and interest.
8) Each member will be allowed (2) invited guest during the calendar year.
( see guest rules under "Tournament Section" )
1) The Tournament schedule will be drafted by the club Officers at a special meeting in January and presented to the club members at the Spring General Club Meeting.
2) Tournaments will last 4 hours from the scheduled starting time.
3) All Bass must be caught before the Tournaments completion time.
4) The club will use the following Point system for awarding Points at each Tournament.
2nd. Place = 14 8th. Place = 8
3rd. Place = 13 9th. Place = 7
4th. Place = 12 10th. Place = 6
5th. Place = 11 No Bass = 5
6th. Place = 10
5) There will be an ( 8oz.) weight lost for weighing in a dead bass. If during any 2 bass weigh in tournament, a member will lose ( 8oz.) for each dead bass weighed in. The Member will receive placement points based on the reduce weigh loss penalty.
6) A predetermined cash prize will be awarded to the member "weighing-in" the heaviest bass or combined weight of 2 bass at the end of each scheduled Tournament. All Cash Prizes will be issued after the Tournaments weigh-in and Certificates will be awarded at the next general club meeting.
7) The first boat on location at the boat ramp has the right of way, others should stay at least 25 feet away for safety purposes.
8) No alcohol or drugs are allowed during Club Tournaments.
9) No live bait is permitted during tournaments.
10) All angling must be done from boats, however, members can shore their boats for temporary reason as using the bathroom, feeling ill, or for safety reasons.
11) Landing nets are permitted. ( for the safety of fish )
12) There will be 12 Tournaments held during the year, only your best 10 Tournaments count towards total points earned for the season. The extra Tournaments are tossed out and zero points are earned from them. Tournaments will be from April to September.
13) Tournament cancellation will be determined by the Clubs Officers, depending on weather or other issues, and any tournament being cancelled prior to starting will be rescheduled for the following weekend. However, once a Tournament has started but due to weather or any emergency determined by the club Officers, and is cancelled anytime after the start, the tournament will count as a “ FULL” Tournament and any bass weighed in will count towards placement points even if the Tournament lasted only a few minutes and had to be cancelled.
14) The person earning the most POINTS for their best (10) Tournaments will determine the Clubs “Angler of the Year ” Trophy. Other Trophy's will go to 2nd, 3rd , 4th Place Anglers, and the Angler weighing in the heaviest bass of the season during any regular club tournament will receive the " Lunker of the Year " award.
15) There is a maximum of only Two people in a boat during any/all Tournaments.
16) There must be at least Two boats and Three persons fishing during any Tournament or cancellation of the Tournament will take effect.
17) Each member is permitted to invite (2) guests to fish during any (2) Tournaments per year. The guest should be in good health and if under 18 years of age is the responsibility of the member they are fishing with. Guest are only permitted to participate in the weigh-in for FUN only. Members will not receive placement points when fishing with a guest 3 or more times during the Tournament a guest has been invited to fish.
18) Only Club Members in good standing are permitted to participate in any Tournament.
19) Only one rod and reel is to be fished at one time.
20) No prefishing a scheduled Tournament location within 12 hours to a scheduled tournament.
21) All Tournaments will begin promptly at the selected starting time. All members will be responsible for arriving in time for launching and starting. The club will not wait for late arrivals.
22) All boats / Members must be at the boat ramp at the completion of a tournament and must be docked or waiting in line to remove their boat from water. Any boat / members failing to be present will forfeit any/all bass caught and will only receive the 5 show-up points for the tournament.
23) All Non-Boaters are required to compensate the boater they are fishing with a minimum of $10.00 for each event to assist in covering expenses.
24 ) All bass weighed in must measure a minimum of 12" total length with mouth closed and tail pinched. As long as any part of the tail touches the 12" marker line, the bass will be legal. Any bass not meeting the minimum requirements of 12" in total length will be released immediately and the Angler will receive only 5 show up points for attending the tournament. During a 2 bass weigh-in event, any bass not meeting the required 12" total length will also be released immediately, however, the Angler's second bass ( if legal ) will be weighed and placement points awarded based on the total weigh of the single bass.
Officers, Elections, Vacancies, and Eligibility
Elections of officers will be held at the annual awards dinner. Any member in good standing can run for any office he/she wishes. Winning an official seat requires 51% of the vote. Each member is given 1 vote, Proxies are allowed.
The term for all offices is 1 year, Starting at the close of the awards dinner. The club will maintain 4
Officer positions of President, Tournament Director, Secretary, and Treasurer. (No Restrictions on terms served)
Any officer or Bass Club member can be removed and/or restricted from the Bass Club with a 70% vote.
Any vacancies for any offices will be filled immediately by the President who will select and appoint a member. If the “Office of President” becomes vacant, the remaining Club Officers will select among themselves a replacement to fill the position.
1) Provides the members with leadership and oversees the club meetings.
2) Appoints and oversees committee chairmen and club representatives.
3) Votes on club matters at the discretion of the club members.
4) Maintains the order of the By-laws and interprets their meanings for the interest of the club.
5) Directs the organization of the Tournament schedule with Clubs Officers.
6) Procures Club Trophies and Awards.
7) Assist in setting up Club Meeting Agenda with Clubs President.
* Treasurer –
1) Responsible for accounting and disbursements of clubs funds.
2) Takes over when the president is unavailable.
3) Plans and arranges the Annual Awards Luncheon with the President.
4) Assist the Secretary in the purchase of the Annual Awards Trophies.
5) Plans and arranges the Annual brunch and Dinner.
6) Summits regular budget reports to Club members and officers.
7) Assist the Tournament Director and fills in when needed.
* Secretary -
1) Records minutes of the meeting and takes roll call.
2) Maintains Clubs web site.
3) Handles Club correspondence. (Contacting the State, Filing Tournament Forms, etc.)
4) Maintains and records Tournament results at each Tournament.
5) Publishes the Clubs newsletter.
6) Assist President and Treasurer with their duties and responsibilities.
* Tournament Director -
1) Supervises the Tournaments, calls for the start of the tournament, ensures safety among members, signals the tournaments completion times and validates the tournaments rules and regulations.
2) Assist is the organizing of the years Tournament Dates and Locations.
3) Maintains Club scale, banner and other equipment.
4) Qualifies and Weighs all fish with club approved scale and calls weight to Secretary.
5) Measures any bass suspected of being less then the legal length of 12”.
Code of Conduct
Club members are expected to represent the Bass Club in an ethical and positive manner at all times. Examples of unacceptable conduct includes: unsafe boat operation, lack of boating/fishing courtesy and sportsmanship, failure to attend tournaments, and the failure to abide by fishing and boating regulations.
Changes and updates
1) The bylaws may be changed once a year during the Months of January, February and March. No changes after the start of the Tournament season.
2) Additions to the bylaws because of importance may be addressed at any General Meeting during the year.
3) Any changes/additions must be presented before the club during General Meeting only and require a 75% vote of all club members present.
“Welcome to the